Hey, what's happening in the mOOC?
Are you in The May Team? YUP!
Updated as of May 23th, 2019 1:39 pm ET
If you are newly joining the mOOC, or are getting back to the experience, we consider you a part of The May Team! We can work together to achieve our mission! Empowered Educator Badges anyone?
Here are some reminder type things:
- Stuck on anything? Use this email address to seek individualized help: email@example.com
- If you are not finished previous modules, or just entering the mOOC now, remember there is no timeline to finish, you can go back to previous modules, and do them at your own pace.
- Join us in Slack, our informal chatting/clubhouse area: Invite link
- Daily Extends are fun extras that happen outside this space (in the open web!). Look for new optional activities every couple of days. New ones include:
- Music By Bots - See if we can get AI to make music.
- Into The Great Wide Open - Share stories you know of school projects making an impact beyond the school walls.
- Open Text Check - Check to see if there's a FREE OPEN TEXTBOOK for your (or your friend's) courses!
- PLN Kick Start - Suggest some people from your PLN for a new, OUR PLN.
- Exit Through the Activity Bank - If you are a recent ExtendmOOC finisher, leave us a gift on the way out!
- Finding mOOC People. We maintain a list of participants, usernames, a link to their forum posts (view-able only to registered users from information already in the discussion forum space).
Or check out our growing ExtendmOOC Twitter list! If you are on Twitter, tweet @ontarioextend and let us know to add you, too! We also are curating tweets for each module using Twitter moments (you can learn more about them in the mOOC) see what was shared via Twitter for Module 1 (Teaching for Learning), for Module 2 (Technologist), for Module 3 (Curator), Module 4 (Collaborator), Module 5 (Experimenter) and Module 6 (Scholar).
- Listen to the current episode and be a guest on the next Extend mOOC Radio Show. We recorded an audio podcast/show about the mOOC throughout the original 12 weeks. We extend an invitation to anyone participating in the course, to join us in the radio booth (all you need is a web browser) to come talk about your experience so we can share with others. We will record one every two weeks until the end of June. Let us know if you want to join in! firstname.lastname@example.org
The newest episode features Mel Young from Cambrian College and James Skidmore from U of Waterloo chatting about the Scholar module. You can find all episodes of the show at VoiceEd.ca.
We will record a new episode on Thursday, May 16th at noon. Join? Email email@example.com
- Extended Drop in sessions (optional). For more connection opportunities, meet us lunch time in our Zoom Room
- On Wednesday, April 24th at noon we hosted an informational webinar for newcomers (or new-returners!) to the mOOC to chat about how anyone can still start and finish the mOOC experience. See the slide deck here and stay tuned for a recording of the webinar.