Hey, what's happening in the mOOC?
We're in to overtime!
Updated as of April 23, 2019 10:56 am ET
Welcome to #ExtendmOOC Overtime! We are extending the experience through to the end of June. Maybe even longer.
- If you are not finished previous modules, or just entering the mOOC now, remember there is not a timeline to finish, you can go back to previous modules, and do them at your own pace.
- Small Stretches Are Now Daily Extends. Look for new optional activities every couple of days. You will find them outside the mOOC as Daily Extends. New ones include:
- Explore Quote Investigator - Try looking for a quote related to your field of study.
- The Extend Teacher’s Lounge - How can we digitally re-create an end of each day hang out in an Extend Teacher’s Lounge?
- Not Yetness and Ontario Extend - Let's get it out in the open, how much mOOC work do you have left (those who are already done are not invited to this share!)
- Finding mOOC People. We maintain a list of all 288 Participants, usernames, a link to their forum posts (viewable only to registered users from information already in the discussion forum space).
Or check out our growing ExtendmOOC Twitter list! If you are on Twitter, tweet @ontarioextend and let us know to add you, too! We also are curating tweets for each module using Twitter moments (learn more about them in week 2) see what was shared via Twitter for Module 1 (Teaching for Learning), for Module 2 (Technologist), for Module 3 (Curator), Module 4 (Collaborator), Module 5 (Experimenter)and a new one will appear soon for the current Scholar module.
- Listen to the current episode and be a guest on the next Extend mOOC Radio Show. In the middle of each two week module we record an audio podcast/show about your progress in the mOOC. We extend an invitation to anyone participating in the course, to join us in the radio booth (all you need is a web browser) to come talk about your experience so we can share with others.
The newest episode features Mel Young from Cambrian College and James Skidmore from U of Waterloo chatting about the Scholar module. You can find all episodes of the show at VoiceEd.ca.
- Extended Drop in sessions (optional). For more connection opportunities, meet us lunch time in our Zoom Room
- Tell your friends!
- On Wednesday, April 24th at noon we are hosting an informational webinar for newcomers (or new-returners!) to the mOOC to chat about how anyone can still start and finish the mOOC experience. See all the details here.