What's Happening in the mOOC? Here is our handy summary of the currently active module.
Module 2: Technologist (Jan 11-Feb 25, 2019)
Updates as of Feb 13, 2019 4:38pm ET
After grounding ourselves in the first module as Teachers for Learning, the second Extend module module guides you as you select, use, and integrate technologies in a way that supports, facilitates, and enriches learning experiences.
- January 11: Module 2 opens, start with a new scenario to set the stage, and an exploration of digital literacies. Then using a design-thinking approach we begin work your way through the technology selection activities for the module, sharing your progress in the forum thread set up for each activity.
There are two weeks to work through the module activities. check in when you can, connect with your small informal support team (power bars). There is still time to reach out and seek ones to join.
- Small Stretches Look for 3 new optional stretch activities each week, you will find them listed in the Extras area of this module. New Stretches include:
- Small Stretch #10: A GIF You Might Be Able to Teach With
- Small Stretch #11: Stretch While Computing
- Small Stretch #12: Community Gardening
- Finding mOOC People. We created a list of all Participants, usernames, a link to their forum posts (viewable only to registered users from information already in the discussion forum space). Or check out our growing ExtendmOOC Twitter list! If youare on Twitter, tweet @ontarioextend and let us know to add you,too!
- Be a Guest on the Extend mOOC Radio Show. In the middle of a two week module we are record an audio podcast/show about your progress in the mOOC. We extend an invitation to anyone participating in the course, to join us in the radio booth (all you need is a web browser) to come talk about your experience so we can share with others. Learn how to join us.
The show recorded for Module 1 featured the perspective of Sarah Wendorf played live on VoiceEd radio last week at noon on Monday and is always available in our archives.
- Extended Lunch Drop in sessions (optional). For more connection opportunities, meet us lunch time in our Zoom Room
- Apply For Your Badge. Once you have completed your activities, complete the checklist so you (and we) know you have completed them.
Then go on to apply for your first Extend Badge and check the button for your completion in the module (even if you do not go for the badge please leave us some feedback there). We've got a batch of badge applications in after the first week, that's making us happy as fruit punch. There is no deadline to apply.
- Mid Module Extras: Things to do Outside the mOOC Look next week for more Extending Beyond the mOOC.
From last module we continue to connect with (and visualize the community) other mOOC participants in Twitter and using Slack for ongoing conversation.